Sketch Challenge 244
Hello everyone! It’s Sandy here with some sad news – and some very happy news too. We’re changing things up a little! Marlene has been our Sketch coordinator for a very very long time and is in need of a break….and Sybrina is stepping in to take over! Please be sure to leave both ladies some love in the comments…we’re so grateful for Marlene and will miss her! You’ll be getting to know Sybrina in the coming months as she shares our sketches and encourages you to make awesome cards with our OWH sketches. Without further ado – here’s Sybrina!
Good morning, peeps! It’s Sybrina here… doing my best Marlene impersonation.
As Sandy mentioned, Marlene is passing the OWH-Sketch torch to me… and I have to admit I’m accepting this honor with just a little bit of trepidation. Marlene’s leaving some mighty big shoes to fill. Please join Sandy and me in thanking Marlene for all she’s done for OWH by leaving a note in the comment section. And Marlene, just a word of warning: Be prepared for a couple of help messages from me in the weeks to come.
This is a pretty exciting week to be stepping in as the sketch hostess for several reasons:
- Sandy’s provided us with another great sketch, and
- Our good friends at Doodle Pantry are generously sponsoring this week’s sketch challenge, which means they are sharing some amazing sample cards — and are offering a prize to one lucky OWH card maker!
All of the elements in this sketch should make for cards with lots of interesting layers. Even though the deadline has passed for sending in Christmas cards, the December 31 deadline for wintry-themed and Valentine’s Day cards is fast approaching. Or, maybe this sketch will inspire you to make a love card that one of our heroes could send winter, spring, summer, or fall.
So, let’s see how the Doodle Pantry DT interpreted our sketch.
- Ellen used All is Calm to create her fun, festive card,
- Dawn used Canadian Goose to make a gorgeous card that would be perfect for a man, and
- Linda used Holiday Partridge to make a beautiful holiday card rich with texture and dimension.
A Prize Opportunity
A $10 Doodle Pantry coupon will be awarded to one randomly selected card maker. To qualify, please link up a card inspired by this week’s sketch by noon EST on December 26. Can’t wait to see your creations!