Labor Day Weekend VCMP: Master Thread!Posted by AllisonGinTX on Sep 1, 2013 in Stars and Stamps, VCMP | 23 comments
Welcome to the Operation Write Home Labor Day Weekend Virtual Card Making Party (whew, that’s a mouthful)! I don’t know about you, but ever since I was a kid Labor Day has marked the end of summer and the beginning of school. But, do you know when Labor Day became a holiday and why?! Here’s your history lesson for the day.
“Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers.” The holiday was first proposed by the Central Labor Union in New York in 1882 but did not become a legal holiday until Congress passed an act on June 28, 1894. Interestingly enough, the first Labor Day celebration was on TUESDAY, September 5, 1882. (Source: http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm)
Now, on with the party! Every 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday a new challenge will go live here on the Stars and Stamps blog. Click on the link to be taken to each hostess’ personal blog where you can play along, upload your cards to “their” inlinkz, and visit everyone else who’s playing along, too!
- Saturday 8 am Eastern Our first challenge is here!
- Saturday 11 am Eastern Our second challenge is here!
- Saturday 2 pm Eastern Our third challenge is here!
- Saturday 5 pm Eastern Our fourth challenge is here!
- Saturday 8 pm Eastern Our fifth challenge is here!
- Sunday 8 am Eastern This week’s sketch challenge is here!
- Sunday 11 am Eastern Our sixth challenge is here!
- Sunday 2 pm Eastern Our seventh challenge is here!
- Sunday 4 pm Eastern Our eighth challenge is here!
- Sunday 8 pm Eastern Final challenge of the weekend is here!
If you are out-of-town or busy with other activities, don’t worry because you can still play along! The inlinkz on the hostesses’ blogs will stay open until Sunday, September 8. Don’t forget, even if you don’t have a blog, you can still play along. Use Pinterest or a photo sharing account like Photobucket, Picasa, or Flickr to link up a photo of your creation!
Looking for more fun?! Get ready for our annual Operation Write Home September Birthday Bash!